Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blackberry Truffle Tuffet



































You may have seen the pincushion competion Grand Prize Winner for Piecework Magazine in their July/August 2008 issue (vol. XVI, No. 4); Sharlotte DeVere of Leechburg, PA (see The Queen Stitch blog) won with her gorgeous "Raspberry Truffle Tuffet". As a follow-up, in their November/December 2008 (vol. XVI, No. 6) Piecework presented Sharlotte's "Blackberry Truffle Tuffet" with instructions. What made me think I could do it, I don't know. However, I thought it was one of the most gorgeous things I'd ever seen. It made my mouthe water like my home made blackberry jelly does! The instructions were very clear and extremely well illustrated. Some substitutions were made and I noticed on the back of her raspberry, she had a flower which was not on the blackberry. I assumed the same technique was used as for the leaves and added the flower to my biscornu.
Shopped long and hard to find that amethyst colored Swarovski crystal that's on the top.

2 comments:

  1. Hello :)

    Thank you for being my reader. Your works are so beautiful, this one is amazing fantastic!

    Hugs from hungary,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine,

    It is so wonderful to see photos of a finished Blackberry Truffle Tuffet. What a lovely job you've done. It looks and sounds like you had fun doing the substitutions and figuring out how to add a blossom to your tuffet. Thanks for posting the photos to your blog where I could find them.

    Sharlotte
    owner, designer, teacher
    The Queen Stitch, LC

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.