Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Monday, June 22, 2009

Cathedral Windows Table Runner


Year ago I found the instruction for easy Cathedral Windows in an Austrailian quilting magazine. And they really are easy. It's a bit like oragami with the sewing machine. While I started enthusiastically, I did get tired of it and moved on to other things. Recently I pulled it out of the closet and decided to finish it up. Above is what the windows look like when they've been hand stitched. I used a Benartex white on white for the base (you sew that first on the machine) and reproduction Depression prints for the windows (you sew those by hand).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.