Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Goodwill Jacket Pillow



















My friend Betty regularly haunts the aisles of the Goodwill, Salvation Army, and hospice shop. We got together one day and she hands me a jacket saying she'd seen it and just knew I could make something out of it. And I did. Closed up the front opening (buttons and all), turned it wrong side out and sewed as big a rectangle as I could between the sleeve openings and neckline; then turned it right side out. Stuffed it and sewed the hem closed. Betty thought that I'd really like the pioneer theme. And I do. I just keep trying to figure out how the lute playing Renaissance guy who is apparently singing to Rapunzel in the castle comes into the story. I guess instead of being pioneers the people in the wagons could be gypsies. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.