Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Sunday, June 21, 2009

About the Etui

A Petit Sampling Etui is a limited edition collaboration design by Cherished Stitches, Praiseworthy Stitches, The Stitching Parlor and With My Needle. While in Nashville I met both Louise Henderson and Ellen Chester - fabulously friendly, both of them! Louise had her wrist all bound up after surgery, and had to keep it elevated. What a champ to be recovering from surgery and attending Nashville at the same time.

Anyway, I told Louise that I'd have the Etui pieces stitched in a month. She looked at me and said that if I could do that, she wanted to hear from me because she'd have me stitch for her! Well, as much as I'd love to do THAT, I have to disappoint Louise by saying it took me two months to stitch the pieces. I think it was all the 'over one' that got to me.

But, I am thrilled with the results. I did change a few things; that makes it my own personal etui though - one like no one else has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.