Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Monday, June 22, 2009

Prairie Schooler "Christmas Day" modified

I had purchased this frame on sale. It was dark green and U-G-L-Y ugly. So, I got this goop at the craft store, smooged it on with my fingers and let it dry. Then, painted the whole thing with pearl white acrylic paint. Now I had a "snow" frame that of course required a snowy cross stitch. I had purchased Prairie Schooler's "Christmas Day" to eventually do for my oldest son. But, looking at it, I could see where I could do a little piece from the larger design. The modifications take place in the foreground with the words, rabbits and snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.